Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wine Wednesday: King Estate 2011 Domaine Pinot Gris

 I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday season.  K and I have had a lovely and quiet staycation where we did very little of anything, but we make some pretty fabulous dinners.  This Wine Wednesday is the perfect time to feature our Christmas wine, the 2011 Domaine Pinot Gris from King Estate.  Awhile ago I featured the King Estate Signature Pinot Gris on the blog.  The Signature is my go to bottle, but the Domaine is really something special.  It is harder to find and slightly more expensive, for good reason.  The Domaine is made entirely from grapes grown on the Estate, and is 100% organic.

  I feel lucky to have found this here in Arizona.  K and I found a store called "Total Wine" which is basically a grocery store of wine (and other booze).  They have a huge selection and very good prices.  Wine heaven!
So when I saw this bottle on the shelf, I was pretty excited.


This is a lovely wine, smooth and fruity - I actually almost feel like I can taste peaches or pears.  It doesn't have that sharp acidity that you sometimes get with white wines.  It is crisp and really just a perfect white wine, in my opinion.  In the past I have preferred the Signature to the Domaine, but I guess 2011 was a good year, because I actually think it is better than the signature right now.

Wine:  King Estate 2011 Domaine Pinot Gris 
Year: 2011
Region: Willamette Valley, Oregon
Purchased From: Total Wine
 Price: $20
Verdict: 5/5
Pin It!
Blogging tips